Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Idli - A Day in the Life of Fermenting!

Idli

Ingredients:

1 Cup Red Lentils
2 Cups White Basmati Rice

Directions:

 1.  Soak red lentil beans along with rice in water and let sit 2-4 days.
 2.  Put your mixture in the blender to create a paste.
 3.  Take your mixture, put back in bowl to ferment for another 2-4 days.
 4.  Place mixture in an Idli steamer/cooker or you can use a poacher or muffin tin.
 5.  You will cook for 20 minutes.
 6.  Scoop them out and eat like biscuits!  Enjoy!

















Idli proved me wrong - it is actually a very enjoyable ferment that I fell will take the place of my bread and carb cravings!  I began this ferment on September 12, 2016 and baked in on September 15th in a Idli's steamer that I purchased from Amazon.  These did turn out like little biscuits that family enjoyed and we will be making these on holidays and replacing our buns with idli's - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment